The North Dakota Department of Transportation is committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination in its state, federal, and federally assisted programs on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability/handicap, genetics, political opinion or affiliation, status with regard to marriage or public assistance, or participation in lawful activity off NDDOT's premises during non-working hours which is not in direct conflict with the essential business-related interests of NDDOT. In addition, the department ensures that all beneficiaries and potential beneficiaries of these programs are offered an equal participation opportunity. The department also protects the civil rights of its employees and applicants for employment.
External Civil Rights Training
- External Civil Rights (ECR) Manual
- External Civil Rights Manual Page Changes from 2013 External Civil Rights Training
- 2013 ECR Training PowerPoint Slides with Page Numbers
- Click on the bubble on the top left portion of each page in the PDF to view any comments for the page.
- 2013 ECR Recording
- A disc will be sent to each consultant engineering firm, city, and county that participates in the 2013 training. Additional copies may be made by the participant. The disc will be sent no later than May 17th, 2013. If your firm did not receive a disc, please Contact Civil Rights Administrative Assistant.
- 2014 External Civil Rights Training will be split into two sessions this year, one for experienced individuals (3+ years) and those with less experience (1-2 years).
- The session for those with less experience in the Civil Rights program areas will be:
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM CT
- The session for those more experienced in the Civil Rights program areas will be:
Thursday, March 6, 2014 from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM CT
- Individuals that would like to attend in Bismarck may go to the either location below:
- If you plan to attend in person please email email@example.com or call 701-328-2637
- A copy of the training and PowerPoint presentation will be provided within 2 weeks following the conclusion of both sessions.
- The deadline to register is one week prior to each session.
2014 External Civil Rights Training
This training will be provided via WebX as a webinar. If you would like to register for the webinar to attend via your computer please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701-328-2637
218 Airport Road
Bismarck ND 58504-6003
Room 407 North & South
608 East Boulevard Avenue
Bismarck ND 58505-0700.
Civil Rights Contacts
Civil Rights Division Director
Phone: (701) 328-2576
Contact Civil Rights Division Director
Civil Rights Administrative Assistant
Phone: (701) 328-2637
Contact Civil Rights Administrative Assistant
- DBE - Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- This program is responsible for certification of minority, female, and other socially and economically disadvantaged owned businesses under the rules and regulations of the federal DBE guidelines.
- Contractor Compliance Review Program
- This program ensures that federal-aid highway construction projects valued at more than $10,000 include minority and female employees on construction crews. Formal compliance reviews document contractor efforts.
- On-the-Job Training Program
- This program provides training for minority, female, and economically disadvantaged individuals in the skilled craft classifications used by contractors on highway construction projects.
- Labor Compliance Program (Davis-Bacon)
- This program ensures that Davis-Bacon wage rates and fringe benefits are paid to highway construction workers on federal-aid contracts valued at more than $2,000 and subsequent subcontracts. Certified payroll monitoring and a formal complaint process document contractor compliance.
- Title VI and Nondiscrimination Program/ADA
- This program ensures that all programs, activities, and services offered to the general public by the Department of Transportation are free from discrimination.
- Title VII (Internal EEO) Program
- This program ensures that the recruitment and selection of regular and temporary employees for the Department of Transportation is done in a discrimination-free manner; that the work environment is free of discrimination; and includes procedures for the investigation of discrimination complaints. EEO training of all department employees is part of Title VII.