Privacy and Security Policy
- Records received by the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) from its website and mobile applications are subject to the same controls and uses as records collected by governmental offices visited in person and are open to the public upon request unless otherwise specifically provided by law. If you have any questions about information you are providing to NDDOT to determine whether the information being provided will be held in confidence or must be released upon request by a member of the public contact NDDOT.
- NDDOT uses analysis tools to help analyze how users access the website. The summary statistics gathered by these tools is used to assist NDDOT staff in reviewing and analyzing usage and making enhancements to improve the performance and usability of the website and mobile applications.
- In order to protect personal information gathered this website has security measures in place including firewalls, encryption, and authenticated access to internal databases where needed.
- Credit card numbers collected through web applications, will not be stored or retained in any manner. The information will be gathered and passed on through an intermediate software company, and a unique transaction number will be returned and stored as proof of acceptance.
- Email addresses will be collected from an application only if a response is necessary to verify purchases or if there is a need to correspond with customers.
- If you send an email during your visit to our website, the email address will be collected as a means to reply to you. We may forward your message to another agency for appropriate action.
- Cookies will be used under specific conditions. A cookie is a text file stored on your computer used to maintain an uninterrupted transaction with the application.
Changes to Personal Information
- Changes to information entered in error can be made (through the change feature of the application or) by sending the correct information to (name, phone, address or email address.)
Retention of Information
- The information collected on this website is retained in accordance with the Record Retention Schedules developed by this office.
Specific Policies Related to Mobile Applications
- Does the application collect real-time location information of the mobile device?
- The application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device. However, the application will use the GPS to locate your position within the application. Those coordinates are not used outside of the application.
- What are my opt-out rights/options?
- You can stop all collection of information by the application easily by uninstalling the application. You may use the standard uninstall process as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Automatically Collected Information
- The application may collect information on how the application is being used; such as what buttons were clicked and what features were accessed within the application. The information collected is used to determine changes and what improvements can be made to the application.
- NDDOT is committed to making this website accessible to all users. We work to follow all priority 1 and priority 2 level guidelines as set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) - Web Content Access Guidelines (WCAG). NDDOT follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Section 508 Standards (1194.22) to ensure access for individuals with visual impairments. Website tests are performed monthly for website compliance and NDDOT staff makes every effort to ensure updates and enhancements to the website are compliant prior to release. Colors are also analyzed to ensure sufficient color contrast throughout the website.
- For more information on how NDDOT manages ADA throughout the agency, refer to the NDDOT Title VI and Nondiscrimination/ADA Program.
- In order to provide you with a wide variety of information about NDDOT, this website links to other websites maintained by individual state agencies, political subdivisions, nonprofit organizations and private businesses. Each of these entities has the responsibility of setting their own policies and posting it on their websites. When you link to another website, you are subject to the policies of the new website.
- Although we try to keep information on our website up-to-date and accurate, neither NDDOT, nor any officer or employee of NDDOT warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published on this website, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products, or services linked from this website, and shall not be held responsible for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or out of date. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this system does so at his or her own risk.
- NDDOT makes every effort to provide virus-free files, but does not guarantee uncorrupted files.
- If you have any questions about any of our policies, disclaimer, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact NDDOT.