• 1. I recently registered my vehicle in North Dakota and then moved out of state. Can I get a refund on the unused portion of my registration?
If you have moved out-of-state there is no refund on the unused portion of registration paid to North Dakota.
• 2. I moved out of state and just received my renewal. What should I do?
If you have moved out of state and have titled and licensed your vehicle in that state you may disregard and destroy the renewal notice received from our office.
• 3. How are the registration fees determined for each vehicle?
Registration fees are based on the year the vehicle is first registered and the weight of the vehicle.
• 4. How is the expiration date of my vehicle registration determined?
The Motor Vehicle Division uses a system of staggered registration for cars, house cars, and pickups (39-04-14.1 NDCC). The expiration month is based on the date of sale or the date first used on ND Highways.
With the exception of Snowmobiles and Off Highway vehicles, registrations for all other vehicle types – service vehicles, large trucks, farm trucks, motorcycles, and trailers would expire December 31. Initial registration fees upon purchase would be prorated from the date of purchase.
• 5. Where do my vehicle registration fees go?
• 61.3% of the fees are distributed to the State Highway Fund.
• 22% of the fees are distributed to the Counties.
• 12.5% of the fees are distributed to the Cities.
• 2.7% of the fees are distributed to Townships.
• 1.5% of the fees are distributed to Public Transportation
• 6. How do I get replacement decals?
• 7. How do I get a replacement registration card?
• 8. When is an IRS Form 2290 required?
Owners of all trucks with a gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more, must file each year with the Internal Revenue Service an IRS Form 2290. A 2290 stamped by the IRS is required at the time of renewal. The Motor Vehicle Division is not responsible for the collection of the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax. Contact the Internal Revenue Service for the forms and any further questions. Telephone 1-800-829-1040.