BISMARCK, N.D. – The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) will begin mowing select areas along state highways beginning Aug.16.
Mowing operations will focus on weed control and areas where hay has been collected.
Fall mowing operations will begin Sept. 7 and include all remaining areas along state highways. Adjacent landowners who plan to mow non-interstate ditches for hay should do so before the state mows these areas.
“Typical summer mowing operations were delayed allowing landowners more time to collect hay in the midst of the drought,” said Wayde Swenson, NDDOT director of operations. “As we move into the fall, we’ll be preparing our roadways for winter snow and ice operations and mowing along the highways is an important part of the process.”
For more information, contact the respective NDDOT district office in your area.
- Bismarck District 701-328-6950
- Devils Lake District 701-665-5100
- Dickinson District 701-227-6500
- Fargo District 701-239-8900
- Grand Forks District 701-787-6500
- Minot District 701-857-6925
- Valley City District 701-845-8800
- Williston District 701-774-2700
Additional information and a map of the districts can be found at dot.nd.gov/travel/districtinfo.htm.