The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) will change its mowing practices along state highways this summer due to drought conditions across the state. Instead of completing regular mowing practices in July, the NDDOT will conduct only limited mowing along highways and ditches from June to early August. Limited mowing will focus on urbanized areas, intersections, ramp areas, medians of four-lane highways and other areas as needed.
Adjacent landowners (farmers and ranchers) are encouraged to harvest grass in the state highway (non-Interstate) ditches as a way to help combat this summer’s drought. Private mowing is not allowed in medians of four-lane highways.
Motorists are asked to watch for mowing equipment along highways and should slow down and move over if possible.
For more information, contact the respective NDDOT district office in your area:
· Bismarck District (701) 328-6951
· Devils Lake District (701) 665-5100
· Dickinson District (701) 227-6500
· Fargo District (701) 239-8900
· Grand Forks District (701) 787-6500
· Minot District (701) 857-6925
· Valley City District (701) 845-8800
· Williston District (701) 774-2700
Or visit the NDDOT website for district information and map at: http://www.dot.nd.gov/travel/districtinfo.htm