Construction will begin Tuesday, May 30, on ND Hwy. 14 from the west Jct. US 52 near Drake North to the west Jct. of Hwy US 2 near Towner. The project is approximately 27 miles long and will consist of asphalt overlay and the installation of rumble strips.
- A width restriction of 12 ft. will be in place
- Speeds will be reduced to 45 mph in the construction zone and 25 mph where paving operations are taking place
- Flaggers will be present on each end of the construction zone
- Pilot cars will guide traffic through the construction zone
- Motorists can expect delays of up to 15 minutes
- Oil could be present on the roadway
Motorists should use extra caution near the asphalt plant site at 54th Street NE and 56th Street NE as trucks may be entering and exiting the project sight.
The project is expected to be complete by early July.
For more information about construction projects and road
conditions throughout North Dakota, call 511 from any type of phone or visit
the Travel Information Map on the NDDOT website at https://www.dot.nd.gov/travel-info/