What is it?
The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) is offering a free email and/or cell phone text subscription service to enable people to receive notifications on topics of interest.
Subscribe/Modify Settings to GovDelivery for NDDOT Services
This service will send an email when information on topics the subscriber have selected has been updated.
- The email service is free.
Subscribers may also choose to have notifications sent to their cell phones as a text message.
- Note: Standard text message rates apply if this option is chosen.
If you have technical problems with the subscription service, please contact NDDOT subscription service support.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the icon?
How does GovDelivery® work?
When you see the icon, you can click on it to subscribe to the email and mobile notification service, developed by GovDelivery®. You can subscribe to one or several topics of information available on the website that are provided through the notification service.
Will it cost me anything to subscribe?
- GovDelivery® is a web-based email subscription management system that allows you to subscribe to news and information updates on the NDDOT website. Whenever information is updated on an NDDOT web page you have subscribed to, you will receive an email and/or mobile alert. You may customize and manage your subscription profile in order to receive exactly the types of information you desire, and you may cancel your subscriptions at any time. For example, if you are interested to receive road condition information in a certain area of the state, you can subscribe to receive emails when road conditions change in that particular area.
What is a “profile,” and why do I need to create one?
- No. The subscription service is offered as a public service from the North Dakota Department of Transportation. The only costs that may apply are for text messages sent to your mobile device, based on your cell phone plan.
How can I change or reset my email address or password?
- A profile contains your email address, an optional password, and the selections for which you wish to receive email updates. You can also add a secondary email if you wish to receive notifications to another account. Your profile tells NDDOT which email updates you wish to receive.
How will I receive the updates?
- At the bottom of each email you receive is a link called "Manage Preferences". You can change your email address by clicking on the link in that section called "Manage Your Subscriptions or Unsubscribe".
- If you choose to set up a password, but forget or want to change it, you can use the “Forgot your Password?” section to have a reset email sent to your address. The email will contain a link allowing you to set a new password.
Do I need any special software to subscribe and/or receive updates?
An update will be delivered to your inbox or mobile phone when the information that you have subscribed to has been updated on the web page. Remember, mobile info may incur a charge set by your carrier. Emails are free.
How often will I receive email notices? How often will I receive mobile notices if I choose that option?
Updates will be delivered via email, so a valid email address is a requirement. Most updates also include a link to a web page, so a web browser is also needed.
I subscribed to receive email alerts, but I haven’t gotten any yet. Why not?
- You will receive email notices whenever information has been updated on the web page(s) to which you subscribe. If you want to receive a notice immediately when information is updated on any of the pages in your profile, you should select “Send immediately” under the “Change Email Frequency Preference” option. If you prefer to receive fewer email notices, you may select one of the delivery preference options to receive the notices from all of your subscriptions in one daily, weekly, or monthly transmission.
- Mobile notifications are always sent immediately. Emergency notifications will be sent immediately, regardless of your frequency preferences.
I wish to opt-out/discontinue receiving text messages from NDDOT. How do I do this?
- You should receive a “New Subscriber” email as soon as you subscribe for each item you select. To ensure that you receive your subscription emails, you may need to adjust your Spam settings, or follow the instructions from your email provider on how to prevent our emails from being marked "Spam" or "Junk Mail." If you received the “New Subscriber” email, but have not received anything further, the item(s) you selected may not have been updated recently, and there has been no need to notify you.
Will you be adding content I can subscribe to?
- The following are options to opt-out/discontinue receiving text messages from NDDOT. Text STOP from your mobile device to GOV311 (468311). You will receive a confirmation text message and you will not receive any additional text messages from NDDOT unless you choose to opt-in again.
- OR Enter your phone number on the "Email/Text Message Updates" web page to view the topics you have selected. Access your subscriber preferences to delete currently selected topics or delete your account.
I want to receive updates on road conditions. What option(s) should I select?
- Yes, we are going to be adding more pages on a regular basis. If you have suggestions for content, let us know. Make sure you specify the content, including the web page URL or describe the exact location of the page on the NDDOT website.
The following are options to choose road condition information.
- The "Messages" option will send you updates when the NDDOT issues Travel Alerts, No Travel Advisories, Road Closures and other important information which may affect your travels.
- The “Road Condition by Highway” option will allow you to choose the specific highway in which you wish to receive condition updates on.
Remember, you are able to change your preferences at any time if you find you are not receiving the type of information you wish to receive.
Will I receive updates 24 hours a day?
- No. Road conditions information is updated from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.