The building the Harvey Drivers License office is located in is currently undergoing clean-up efforts after a November fire damaged the Harvey Armory. The office was tentatively scheduled to re-open in December, but due to the fire clean-up process, the opening will be delayed until January 15, 2020.
According to Brad Schaffer, Drivers License Division Director, “Although we know this delay may cause a little inconvenience to our local customers,” says Schaffer, “We want to be sure everything is restored and functional before we open the office for business.”
A list of other drivers license office locations where customers can do business can be found on the North Dakota Department of Transportation’s website at www.dot.nd.gov.
The NDDOT would like to remind motorists there are many drivers license items that can be done online and your license will be mailed to you so you don’t need to visit the office.
Things you can do online to save time:
- Renew a standard vehicle or motorcycle driver license online, if over 21 and under the age of 65 and you don’t want a REAL ID.
- Change your address.
- Replace a lost, stolen or damaged ND license.
- Replace a vertical driver license after you are 21 to a horizontal driver license.
- Schedule an appointment to get a REAL ID. Online renewal is not applicable when obtaining a REAL ID.
- Schedule a driving test.
- Schedule an appointment to renew a ND license, permit, or ID card.
- Please visit our website at www.dot.nd.gov for more information about Drivers License.