The selection process will be focused on a project's ability to meet SRTS program goals and the potential to develop long term walking and bicycling behaviors.
- Demonstrated need for project
- Identification of safety hazards
- Potential of proposal to reduce child injuries and fatalities - addresses safety concerns
- Potential of proposal to create a safer walking and bicycling environment within approximately two miles of a school
- Potential of proposal to encourage walking and bicycling among students - promotes healthy lifestyles
- Reduces traffic, fuel consumption, and air pollution in the vicinity of schools
- Identification of current and potential safe walking and bicycling routes to schools
- Number of child pedestrian or bicyclists currently using routes and anticipated to use routes
- Community support for application.