For the purpose of project selection, SRTS projects are divided into two main categories; infrastructure and non-infrastructure. The following is a list of potential projects. This list is not intended to be comprehensive; other types of projects or activities that are not on this list may also be eligible if they meet the objectives of reducing speeds and improving pedestrian and bicycle safety and access.
- Sidewalk improvements
- Traffic calming and speed reduction improvements
- Pedestrian and bicycle crossing improvements
- On-street bicycle facilities
- Off-street bicycle facilities
- Secure bicycle parking facilities
- Traffic diversion improvements in the vicinity of schools.
- Public awareness campaigns and outreach to press and community leaders
- Traffic education and enforcement in the vicinity of schools
- Student sessions on bicycle and pedestrian safety, health, and environment
- Funding for training of volunteers, and managers of local SRTS programs.