Drivers License Requirements for transferring an out of state license to ND
- Any person other than a nonresident student, a tourist, or a nonresident member of the Armed Forces
who has lived in this state 90 consecutive days shall be deemed a resident of North Dakota for the purpose of driver licensing.
- You may use your non-commercial license from another state for a period of 60 days after you become a resident of North Dakota.
- You may use your commercial license from another state for a period of 30 days after you become a resident of North Dakota.
- Proof of North Dakota resident address is required.
- Fee: $15 for Non-commercial or commercial drivers license plus $3 for each commercial drivers license endorsement.
- Questions: Contact 855-633-6835